Friday, September 22, 2006

Studio Centro


Pas de chef-d'ouvre dans la paresse!

Here is a shot of my recently acquired studio in the downtown area. I have been sick for almost two weeks with a bad cold/cough and, therefore quite lazy lately. This sick time has given me the opportunity to read for hours as I try to catch up on rest. You can see that my oil palette and easel are just sitting there waiting for me to embrace them once again. Finally though, last night, while viewing the Andy Warhol documentary and tired of the laziness, I pulled out some large format paper and did a charcoal drawing of my intern/girl friday, Crystal. I might go in this direction for a while, as I had quite a bit of fun with drawing. Fresh flowers always seem to brighten up a junky place too, but I also see that there is a bottle of Johnny Walker on the table, just for the sipping. There happens to be two new oil paintings behind me too. After I give them one last go over, I will post them for you.


9 Comments:

Blogger atenea crisoelefantina said...

my dear friend
i hope you will feel better,... what happened to you???? a flue????????
:D
thanks for the news about you!
kisses a lot!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Checha said...

At last!
Get better!

4:48 PM  
Blogger amber said...

Mmm Johnny Walker is that whisky ?I like Remi Martin cognacLove the big painting of the girl on your wall very interesting

7:34 PM  
Blogger Daniela said...

Cosy and warm
Fits with Johnny Walker and red wine
Pretty inviting

10:06 PM  
Blogger argos said...

Atenea - thanks for the well wishes. I am all better now. Being sick is no fun!

Checha- and thank you too!

Amber- Yes, Johnny Walker is scotch whiskey. I am doing more and more large format drawings. Look for more soon.

Daniela- you are right and I love red wine too!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Angela Ferreira said...

Hey Argos! Thanks for stopping at my blog. I love your landscapes they are fab! So glad to find you...
Nice to meet you and I will visit you more again. Bye!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Daniele Marioli said...

New studio!
Good luck friend!
Congratulation!!
Ciao!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Pammie said...

Hello Argos,

It looks like a very cosy studio. Do you live there also? It would be a good place to spend a lot of time. Shame those Johnny Walker sundowners are happening earlier and earlier....Where is downtown? Des Moines? I will know on Thursday whether I am buying a condo here in Vancouver, if so there will be photos of that soon!

12:34 PM  
Blogger argos said...

Angela - thank you for stopping by and taking some time.

Daniele - good to hear from you!

Pammie- no, I don't live there. I just paint and run my biz out of it but yes, it is rather cozy. It is in Downtown Des Moines, yes.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home