Friday, July 28, 2006

Crossroads- oil on canvas


It's been awhile since I last posted. I lost my blogger password and could not access my own blog for days. Never heard from Blogger either until, I did a restart. Duh! Sometimes it truly is Occams Razor that one must apply.

This painting is NOT my work. It is however, my painting. I own it. I think its 30 x 30. Was given to me as a gift by the great artist and friend, Andrew Peters. He is an outsider too, by the way, but now has 25 years plus as a full time painter. You can see his work at trailsidegalleries.com I wish you could see how alla prima the sky is. He simply nails value and chroma in one shot. The brush strokes are awesome.

I have a small, 99 acre, non-working farm in Iowa. This is very close to what it looks like coming out of my gate, although this piece was done plein air in another county. Just thought I'd share this with you. I am just tooling up a new studio, look for new works from me very soon.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

Welcome back :-)
Must be strange to see your own blog but not being able to acces!

2:50 PM  
Blogger argos said...

Yeah Bart, it was strange. I'm not sure what really happened. One day I went to create a new post and blogger asked me for my password. It had never done this before.

Anyway, good to be back.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Windy Lampson said...

I really like this one- I love all the purple in it.

9:36 AM  
Blogger The Tart said...

Glad you found your password ... ; )

Smooch,
The Tart

10:58 AM  
Blogger argos said...

Tart, I see that you are looking out for me. Thanks.

8:07 AM  
Blogger orionlesc said...

nice light!!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger rose-a-petits-pois said...

wow! That's beautiful :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger argos said...

orionlesc, rose-a-petits-pois-

Thank you both for the kind comments. Blogging is so interesting, I feel we could all gather one day and vacation together. There is trust in art.

9:06 PM  
Blogger AnastasiaC said...

a great purchase!!!
I can just imagine standing at the cross roads wondering where to go next!

10:20 PM  
Blogger argos said...

anastasia
Yes, It would be a great purchase, only the artist gave it to me as a gift!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Daniela said...

One day there was a comment on my tiny blog. It was yours. I came to check your blog and... wow, what a great surprise! What beautiful paitings!!! I left a comment. I guess you didnt see due to your password problems, or decided not to post it... ;) never mind. Your paintings are really great. This one is not yours, but it is great too.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Daniele Marioli said...

This job appeals lot to me...
Compliments!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home